What is Integrated Security Management System
September 21, 2018
Technological advancements do help us a lot but at the same time, they can also pose various types of security threats is an undeniable fact. In this context, organisations all over the world including those in the UK are seeking the help of competent security management companies like Clear View to put in place systems such as the Integrated Security Management System or ISMS.
What is Integrated Security Management System?
The Integrated Security Management System together with a access control system manages almost all the electronic as well as the physical security aspects of an organisation using a single GUI or Graphical User Interface. Companies can visit http://www.attsystemsgroup.com/integrated-security-management-systems-isms/ OR RSVP now to place their orders.
Choosing the ISMS
Companies may be overwhelmed when they are confronted by the technical options available to them while choosing the system. Managers have to take into account the opportunities and benefits available to them while choosing and getting the integrated system implemented. They must be certain that the options they choose perfectly fulfill their security requirements.
Another aspect that complicates the decision making process is that security systems have been undergoing rapid changes in recent times. At the same time, a point that can bring solace to companies is that these integrated systems are becoming standard IT products that can be run over a wireless system or a LAN or a WAN.
Features of the ISMS
1. The system takes care of the tasks like watching and reporting the traditional systems such as CCTV, PIDS, access control, ANPR, intercoms, Fire, visitor management etc. Apart from taking care of these traditional systems, it also monitors peripheral and IT equipment that include switches, servers, UPS’s and power supplies.
2. The system consists of mapping screens that display all the alarms and devices as well as an audit log that records all the operator actions. The audit log records and transmits alarms, events and all the status reports also. This means companies that make use of the system can rest assured that they can get up-to-date information and notifications of security breaches, if any. They can even know trivial things like the failure of a UPS battery.
The Current Scenario
Manufacturers of these systems have geared up to come out with innovative products like the Integrated Security Management Systems or the ISMS.
Advantages of the ISMS
1. The main advantage of the new generation products like the ISMS is that they are all-encompassing which means they take care of all the aspects of security of an organisation.
2. One additional advantage is cost reduction thanks to the elimination of expensive manual processes.
3. Companies that get these innovative systems installed will have a single user-interface for viewing all the alarms. Similarly, events of access and intrusions can be video-recorded also. This reduces the burden of security officers while responding to security breaches, if any.